The Forums section of NYLearns provides a venue for threaded discussions between community members. A community may have multiple forums on a variety of topics.
1. Forums can be accessed by selecting the appropriate forum in the Forum panel on the Dashboard.
2. If there is not a forum that is appropriate for the topic you wish to discuss, you may request a new forum by clicking Request New Forum on the Forum panel.
Fill in the Suggested Name and the Purpose and click Submit. Your suggestion will be reviewed by the Community Moderator and added to the list if approved.
3. When the forum opens, you will see all of the topics within the forum. You may open an existing topic, or create a new topic. To create a new topic, click New Topic on this screen.
Enter a Topic Name and write your Initial Posting, then click Submit.
4. To post in an existing topic, click the title of the topic to open it.
5. Here, you may read the previous posts on the topic, and have the ability to Reply or Flag Entries as Inappropriate.
6. To submit a reply, type your response in the text box and click Submit.
7. To flag a post as inappropriate, complete the Comments section of the Inappropriate Content Notification box, and click Send. An email will be sent to the Community Moderator.