The My Curriculum section of NY Learns allows you to personalize your curriculum maps to your own needs and style. Here you can add notes for teaching, move rows around, and may be able to make suggestions to the maps if that option is enabled.
1. Once you have added your map(s) to My Curriculum Maps, click My Curriculum Maps to work with them.
2. To view your map, click the title or the magnifying glass icon.
3. To edit your map, click the pencil icon.
4. Once you have opened the editor, you may wish to change the Title and Teacher notes column Header at the top of the page.
5. The first column of your curriculum map contains the ability to move rows up and down, should you wish to reorder the section on your map. Click the up or down arrows to reorder your map rows.
6. The last column of your curriculum map is the Notes for Teaching section, which is fully customizeable by you.
To access the Notes for Teaching editor, hover your mouse over the column until it turns green, then click the green box.
This will open a text editor that allows you to add text, documents or bookmarks from your ePortfolio, images, and more. Once you have completed your Notes for Teaching, click Save.
7. You may also be able to add Suggestions to a map. This feature allows you to a suggest a resource, correction, or addition to an existing map. To access the Suggestions feature, click the thought bubble icon in the first column of the map.
The Make a Suggestion box will open. Select a column, and then type your suggestion, as it should appear on the map, in the editor, then click Save.
If you would like to add Comments to your suggestion, click the Comments tab and add any information you wish to share.
Your suggestions will be considered by designated members of your local curriculum team, and may be added to the district maps. Those curriculum team emmbers may use the Comments feature to ask for clarification before determining whether or not to accept those suggestions.
8. You may also wish to share your personalized map with team members or administrators. You can do that by clicking the share icon.
Add the email address of users you wish to share with (Note: they must be NY Learns users), make changes to the message if you wish, and click Share.
9. To copy your map, click the copy icon.
10. To delete your map, click the red delete icon.
11. To view the original Curriculum Map that your map was saved from, click the view original map icon.